My Blog List

My Blog List

Thursday, March 10, 2016

My First Beauty Video on YouTube

I love watching YouTube videos! I have a ton of favorites like the ever so popular Bethany Mota, Niki & Gabi, and Alex Garza. When I was in high school my passion and love for film really grew once I started taking classes and learning how to edit in Adobe and all of that good stuff. It was until I found the Beauty Community on YouTube until college. It never crossed mind my to make them when I was younger. I had the equipment and the crowd (I could have totally put it on the morning announcements LOL) that would have really grown a channel. I was always so obsessed with editing photos for Instagram (and of course in high school...can't forget about Facebook) and looking back on it I should have taken the free time I had then to make videos. Now a days I hardly have any time because of work and school. Sure I worked and went to school back then too, I have no idea where my free time went BUT I want to make a promise to myself to get back into what I love. Film. Tim Burton is such a big inspiration in my life (not trying to get off topic), but I also love fashion, makeup, and hair (what girl doesn't?) so why not make videos on that too? Sure everyone and their sister has a beauty channel out now, but this is for me right now, and anyone who wants to follow me on my journey is more than welcome to!

My first beauty video is a get ready with me! I was on spring break this passed week and so even though I came home from NC I still had off. I woke up, it was raining and I didn't have to work. What else can I do other than sit around and do nothing? I sat my camera (and my camera I mean iPhone) up on the window so I could face it considering I have ZERO professional lights, and the gloomy sky was all I had to work with. I have some decent cameras (point and shoot) but I needed something I could still see myself in. Also the makeup I have to work with is ALL drugstore in this video, which is good and bad since I am not a makeup artist, I did what I could...


So here it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment